Mona Sabounchi Mohammadi is currently a Ph.D. Student at the University of British Columbia, under the supervision of Dr. Lisa Tobber, and is a member of the ASSET (Advanced Structural Simulation & Experimental Testing) group.
Mona Completed her B.Sc. in Civil Engineering in September 2010 at the University of Guilan, Iran, and her M.Sc. In Structural Engineering in September 2017 at the same university. Her master thesis was focused on “A new combination of using isolator and damper for improving seismic behavior of concrete buildings”.
Along with her undergraduate studies, she started her career as an intern at the Bazdid Gostar Pars Company in the Structural Department (2011-2014) and as a Structural Design Supervisor (2014-2021).
She obtained a license in the supervision and implementation area from Guilan Construction Engineering Organization (2018).
- Tall buildings
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Design
- 3D modeling
Current Research Project
- Investigation of outrigger system in tall buildings
- Construction Project Management, Columbia University in the city of New York – Coursera – Dec.2021
- Construction Finance, Columbia University in the city of New York – Coursera – Dec.2021
- Data Analysis with Python, IBM – Coursera – Dec.2021
- AutoCAD for Design and Drafting Exam Prep, Autodesk Certified Professional – Coursera – Nov.2021
- The Construction Industry, Columbia University in the city of New York – Coursera – Oct.2021
- Revit for Structural Design Exam Prep, Autodesk Certified Professional – Coursera – Oct.2021
- Revit for Architectural Design Exam Prep, Autodesk Certified Professional – Coursera – Oct.2021
- Energy Management System- Requirements with guidance for use ISO 50001:2011 from TUV- Academy Rheinland Iran Office – Mar.2012
- Introduction to Energy Management System ISO 50001:2011from ICS group and ICS academy – Feb.2012