Saeed is a Ph.D. student in the School of Engineering at the University of British Columbia. He was born in Bushehr, Iran, and he received the degree of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (2014) and Master of Science in Structural Engineering (2017) from Persian Gulf University and Shiraz University, Iran, respectively. He is passionate about improving structural seismic behaviour by implementing innovative structural resilience and energy dissipation systems.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Seismic Behavior
- High-rise Building
- Innovative Structural Resilience and Energy Dissipation Systems
- Fragility Analysis and Damage Assessment
- Structural Optimization
Current Research Project
- Investigation of outrigger system in tall buildings
- Dehghani, Saeed; Fathizadeh, Seyyed Farid; Noroozinejad Farsangi, Ehsan. 2021. “Truss-curved metallic damper structural system”. Iran Patent 139950140003008444.
- Dehghani, Saeed; Fathizadeh, Seyyed Farid; Noroozinejad Farsangi, Ehsan. 2021. “Yielding arch damper-brace hybrid seismic system”. Iran Patent 139950140003008952.
• Book Chapter:
- S.F. Fathizadeh; S. Dehghani;T. Y. Yang; E. Noroozinejad Farsangi; M. Noori; P. Gardoni; Ch. Málaga-Chuquitaype; A.R. Vosoughi; Chapter 12: Risk-based Seismic Assessment of Curved Damper Truss Moment Frame, Reliability-Based Analysis and Design of Structures and Infrastructure, Taylor & Francis Group, January 2021.(https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/edit/10.1201/9781003194613-12)
• Journal Paper:
- S.F. Fathizadeh, S. Dehghani; A.R. Vosoughi; T.Y. Yang; E. Noroozinejad Farsangi; I Hajirasouliha; “Seismic Performance Assessment of Multi-Story Steel Frames with Curved Damper”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, March 2021. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2021.106666)
- S.F. Fathizadeh; S. Dehghani; T. Y. Yang; E. Noroozinejad Farsangi; A.R. Vosoughi; I Hajirasouliha; I. Takewaki; Ch. Málaga-Chuquitaype; H.Varum; “Trade-off Pareto optimum design of an innovative curved damper truss moment frame considering structural and non-structural objectives” Structures, July 2020. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2020.09.060)
- S. Dehghani;S.F. Fathizadeh; T. Y. Yang; E. Noroozinejad Farsangi; A.R. Vosoughi; I Hajirasouliha; Ch. Málaga-Chuquitaype; I. Takewaki; “Performance evaluation of curved damper truss moment frames designed using equivalent energy design procedure”, Engineering Structures, May 2020. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2020.111363)
- S. Dehghani; S.F. Fathizadeh; A.R. Vosoughi; E. Noroozinejad Farsangi; T. Y. Yang; I Hajirasouliha; “Development of a novel cost-effective toggle-brace-curved damper (TBCD) for steel structures using multi-objective NSGA II optimization technique”, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, March 2020. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-020-02718-w)
- S. Dehghani; A.R. Vosoughi; Mo.R. Banan; “The effects of rehabilitation objectives on near optimal trade-off relation between minimum weight and maximum drift of 2D steel X-braced frames considering soil-structure interaction using a cluster-based NSGA II.”, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, June 2018 (https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-018-2153-6)
• Conference Paper:
- MITIGATION OF HIGHER MODE EFFECTS IN CONTROLLED ROCKING WALLS, Dehghani Saeed, Tobber Lisa, Amiri Amirhossein, 2022 Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) conference.
- CANADIAN SEISMIC DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR OUTRIGGERS USED IN HIGH-RISE BULIDINGS, Tobber Lisa, Dehghani Saeed, Amiri Amirhossein, 2022 Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) conference.
Service to community/industry
- Position: Manager of ASSET group website, Location: The University of British Columbia, Kelowna, BC, Canada. (Since 2022)
- Position: Manager of Structural Research Department, Location: Paya Mond Pars (Knowledge-Based Company), Bushehr, Iran. (2017-2018)
Courses and Certificates
- 45-hour workshop on “Structural reliability and Probabilistic Modeling”, Sharif University of Technology, March-April 2020, Tehran, Iran.
- 80-hour workshop on “Modeling and designing the dampers and base isolators systems”, Tanbakoochi Institution, spring 2019, Tehran, Iran.
- 200-hour workshop on “Nonlinear analysis and seismic retrofit of structures (including linear Static, various Pushovers, Time History and IDA Analyses)” [Online Course], Tanbakoochi Institution, September 2017, Tehran, Iran.
- 20-hour workshop on “IDA analysis by SEISMO STRUCT and OPENSEES software” [Online Course], Civil 808 Institution, November 2018, Tehran, Iran.
- 19-hour workshop on “Multi-Objective Optimization Algorithms” [Online Course], Faradars Institution, November 2016, Tehran, Iran.
- Structures, Elsevier Publisher, (13)
- Natural Hazards Review, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Publisher, (4)
- Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE Publisher, (10)
- Frontiers in Built Environment, Earthquake Eng. Section, Frontiers Media Publisher, (4)
Honors & Awards
- Awarded UBC Okanagan Graduate Research Scholarships
- Admitted to the program of Ph.D. in Earthquake & Structural Engineering from the University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom (2021).
- Winner of the Iran’s National Elites Foundation (INEF) specialized award, Iran.
- Ranked as the 2nd top student among more than 50 students of Civil engineering at the end of Bachelor’s based on GPA, Persian Gulf University, Iran.
- Winner of the Sparkling Talent Quota to enter the Master without entrance exam, Shiraz University, Iran.
- Winner of the Sparkling Talent Quota to enter the Master without entrance exam, Persian Gulf University, Iran.